Friday, March 4, 2011

Checking out the Chief Sealth Trail Extension

On a recent particularly sunny morning,  I took a detour from my normal commute route to check out the extension of the Chief Sealth Trail which recently opened.  It runs from Beacon Ave S. to 15th Ave S:


View Chief Sealth Bike Map extension in a larger map



Although not terribly long in duration, there are some amazing views from the eastern slope of Beacon Hill.



There are plenty of lovely places to pull over and enjoy the view.  I also consider this prime picnicking territory when the weather warms up. 

Next time you're riding through Beacon Hill and have a few extra minutes on your hands, it is definitely worth the side trip to check out the views from the Chief Sealth.  I can't wait until the gardens along the trail are in full bloom- more fodder for my desire to do a bicycle tour of South Seattle urban farms and p-patches!





For now, I'm enjoying this frosty winter (my bike is too...)

No comments: