Wednesday, March 21, 2012

More dirty fun- Soaring Eagle and Steilacoom

The West Side MTB races have been keeping me active all winter.  Races 2 and 3 were great muddy fun, and added great variety to the twisty turny thrillfest of Dash Point.

Race two went down at Soaring Eagle.  Jill and I were joined by one of my favorite bike buddies, Mr. Justin Calvo.

Amara Boursaw's great shots!



I had a great time playing on the smooth, windy singletrack.

Another from Amara 

Anne Marje from TGR took some great shots, including this one:


Jill had a fantastic day and totally dominated her age group, beating the 2nd place finisher by 3 minutes and taking second overall (I was just behind her in third). Justin absolutely demolished the men's field, taking the win by minutes.  Starbucks cleaned up with a lot of bling!


We had great fan support, too.  Abby and Jaren showed up to cheer us on, and Jaren showed us how to rock a medal.  



Fort Steilacoom was next on the schedule.  It was a super challenging race for me- really a roadie's course, with a lot of climbing and not much singletrack, save one very narrow descent.  I did win my age group, but I  got beat by quite a few of the younger ladies and wound up 5th or 6th in the field.  Still not bad. Plus, there was a fantastic tree to duck under!


Next on the list is a grinder at Ft. Ebey State Park, on Whidbey Island.  Timing will be difficult as it is the same day as the Bike Works auction, but I'm going to do my best to do both.  Yay bikes and mud!

No comments: